Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How Textile Innovations use your information
This privacy notice tells you how Textile Innovations will collect and use your personal data.
Why does Textile Innovations need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a service, Textile Innovations need to collect personal data to enable us to effectively manage enquiries, supply chains, and process orders on behalf of our clients and suppliers.
In any event, Textile Innovations are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will Textile Innovations share my personal data with anyone else?
We may collect personal information from you that you have supplied yourself via email, telephone, post or through our website contact form.
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Textile Innovations in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Textile Innovations’ procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Textile Innovations use the personal data it collects about me?
Textile Innovations will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Textile Innovations is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Textile Innovations contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Textile Innovations at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Textile Innovations does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
• Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data.
• Contact details of the data protection officer.
• The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
• If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Textile Innovations or a third party, information about those interests.
• The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
• Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
• If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
• How long the data will be stored.
• Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
• Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
• How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
• Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
• The source of personal data if it was not collected directly from you.
• Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Textile Innovations accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill (from last 3 months), etc.
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer:
The Data Protection Office for Textile Innovations is: David Holdsworth who can be contacted by telephone on 01422 322500 or via email email@example.com
Thank you for taking the time to read this notice. If you have any questions please contact Textile Innovations on 01422 322500 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Messages from Textile Innovations Ltd
The information in e-mail messages you receive from Textile Innovations Ltd and its subsidiaries is confidential and may also be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. Access to such e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message or data is prohibited. It is not to be relied upon by any person other than the intended recipient except with our prior written approval. If no such approval is given, we will not accept any liability (in negligence or otherwise) arising from any third party acting, or refraining from acting, on such information.
Unauthorised recipients are required to maintain confidentiality. If you have received such e-mail in error please notify us immediately, destroy any copies and delete it along with any attachments from your computer system(s). Copyright in such e-mail and any document created by us will be and remain vested in us and will not be transferred to you. We assert the right to be identified as the author of and to object to any misuse of the contents of such e-mail or other documents. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in such messages are not given or endorsed by Textile Innovations Ltd and its subsidiaries unless otherwise indicated by an authorised representative independent of such messages.
Although we have checked e-mail for viruses, it is not guaranteed to be virus free. No responsibility is accepted by Textile Innovations Ltd and its subsidiaries in the event that the onward transmission, opening or use of an e-mail and/or any attachments adversely affect the recipient’s systems or data. It is the recipient’s responsibility to carry out such virus and other checks as they consider appropriate.